Wednesday, January 26, 2022

In The Darkness

 If you hate your neighbor then you live in darkness, so says the Bible. Now I say that I do not live in darkness because I do not hate.  But so many of us lack love for the neighbor because we gossip about them in some shortcoming we perceive or imagine.  We talk behind people’s back in a judgmental fashion.  We exhibit a sense of superiority.  It is a long way from hate to love.  Along that way there is acceptance, compassion, being helpful, forgiving of perceived shortcomings, and tolerance.  I have often discovered that the neighbor who I put down is quite loved and admired by someone(s) else.  Makes me think.  

2 comments:

  1. You're blogs never fail to make me think, with that I grow as does my gratitude. Thanks for being such a light, Father Ryan. Stay warm and hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my lifelong friend is quite loved and admired by so many, but when I spoke up deploring his rascist jokes and his bragging of selling his 100th AR15, explain to my wife why we are no longer welcome. Bless you Terry

    ReplyDelete