Thursday, January 20, 2022

What Works

 If you find a spiritual path, or religion that seems to feed you why not go with what works for you and leave the rest aside for now.  Spiritual growth is just that, growth.  A lot of the leaders of institutional religion preach the “all or nothing.”  Accept everything or be an outsider, the unwashed.  They are trained that way, and it appeals to their temperament.  It does not appeal to me.  I am all in for a relationship with Ultimate Reality as it reveals itself to me.  But I am not all in to what other people tell me at any particular time.  Religions can feed the soul as long as they don’t equate that with indoctrinating the mind. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. My heart received this loving connection and I thank you for putting it into words, Father Ryan. Stay warm and hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete