Monday, January 10, 2022

Rush Hour

 I remember “rush hour” when I was working in big city business.  It was tense at times with a lot of “future-think.”  If I get there sooner, I get a better seat on the train, or get an earlier train.  And then when I get home I can have time to do this and that.  And so on.  I was not living in the present, nor savoring the moment.  Even when I drank, I did not often savor the drink in hand, but thought of the next one.  I was and still am to some extent, a too great extent, a “future-think”person, if not also going off into an imaginary world, a “re-do” of earlier life experiences.  Meditation then is the challenge and often the anchor that brings me into and keeps me in the present moment.  Rush hour is a slippery slope.  Try to savor the moment.  It beats insanity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment