Sunday, August 31, 2014

Conscious Contact

My aim is to be able to have a conscious contact with God while in the midst of my daily activities.  Some days and moments are better than others.  When I am sitting quietly in prayer, I just want to be rid of head thoughts and enjoy being in the Presence.  Some moments are better than others.  I know that some people think prayer is always trying to have some conscious contact to include God thoughts.   My practice is to do both.  I start out trying to have some God thoughts, but eventually put down the book and just let go.  It might take years to get there.  So start with whatever works.  On my worst days, when I am being bad, I may have a conscious contact with God, and still be bad anyway.  Apparently all my prayer is not making me perfect, but the bad times are more the exception now.

No comments:

Post a Comment