Sunday, August 10, 2014

Howard

My friend Howard Madigan died recently.  In his long life Howard had helped many people to climb out of misery to find peace.  Howard shared wht he had learned from others who helped him to find peace.  The big transition for people like my friend Howard is that they learned to be givers rather than takers.  Howard gave of himself in some very inconvenient circumstances.  He was a Jesus figure.  He did not judge or condemn.  Much of his life was to care for those who needed his kind of help.  Because he had walked in the shoes of fellow sufferers, Howard had lots of compassion.  He was not perfect.  That does not come for any of us in this lifetime.  I am what I am today because of the Howard Madigans who went before me.  Can I be that for those who come after me?  "Come, follow me," said Jesus.  Howard did.  It is a narrow path and few take it.  With Grace, I can be one of the few.

No comments:

Post a Comment