Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Field I Irrigate

The field I irrigate is not simply about irrigation, the moving of water via handmade dams.  Much more goes on out there.  The field is God's creation.  When I walk in the field I can recognize the Presence of the Maker of all that is around me and under my feet.  I take time to look around, pause, reflect for a moment here and and over there.  My work becomes prayer without words, and sometimes with sighs of awakening to Godness.  God walked in the Garden of Eden as much as God walks in the field I irrigate.  No one else is out there but a few cows, content with the range grass for food.  Am I to content?  Yes, when I can see with this inner eye.  The task at hand is such a small though necessary part of irrigation work.  There is solitude centered on God as I work.  Attitude makes the whole task lighter and easier.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you can have the peace I seek. Being uncluttered and with nature sure does set the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week, I was at Wonderview garden from 6:30 to 10 Am
    picking string beans, washing carrots and radishes for our food bank. I too felt the immediate Presence of God and my prayers of glory and thanksgiving started flowing. What a special morning! The more I work in the garden, the more wonder I feel. Thank you God for allowing me to live in such beauty and serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Fr.Terry,
    This is wonderful. I feel you are expressing something very close to transformation here. Yes, You have shared with us and I'm so thankful for bringing me closer to God. You hit one out of the park today; maybe its the water
    An Old NY Sailor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attitude is all and the yoke is easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel closer to God in nature than in a cathedral. There is more peace and God seems to talk to me there. The most religious place I have ever been was at the top of Trailridge Road in Rocky Mountain Natl Pk. Seemed like I was really close to Him there.

    ReplyDelete