Saturday, November 12, 2016

Ignored

My Mom never left the house if there was an appliance at work.  Dishwasher, dryer, oven, clothes washer, whatever.  She came home once and the clothes washer has leaked all over the floor.  Machines at work in your home are ignored at your own peril, so my Mom taught me.  I think people are the same way.  Ignore people and they will break down and mess up the world around them, which might be your world.  At times people choose to be ignored, such as if they are jogging and think they are passing a mass murderer on the trails.  Do I really look like a mass murderer?  Back to Mom.  She paid attention to people like she paid attention to working machines, which in a way we are.  She would recognize the existence of someone when she passed them by or saw them.  She did not appear to be in a hurry, though at times I know she was.  Her first impression of people was not mass murderer.  Mom lived to be 89 and had a great reputation for friendliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment