Sunday, January 7, 2018

Holy Family

Some religious traditions recently celebrated "The Holy Family."  What is that in modern terms?  I think of a Holy Family as the place where you can go and receive love and acceptance without having to earn it.  It would be for me, "Home."  So I ask myself where is my home where I would receive this love and acceptance without having to earn it?  I live in four places and none of them would be "Home," if this were the criterion.  In each place I would be expected to do something or else I would not be so welcomed or guaranteed a room.  I have to work everywhere I go.  That is the expectation.  So the last place that I can recall where I did not have to do anything was when I visited my parents.  That was home for me.  I did not have to do anything.  Everyone else says, "Welcome home," and then there are things I am supposed to do as in work and make money.  I never felt that I was visiting my parents.  Rather I was "home."  So where is your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment