Saturday, October 20, 2018

A Star Is Born Part II

So Jack says to Alle, “You have to have something deep down you want to say.  Then you have to sing it so that people want to hear it.”  In other words, a song has to come from your heart, your authentic self and then it has to be song, delivered in a way that touches the heart of another, so that they will hear it.  They will want to hear it. I think of this when “writing” my homily for Sundays.  What is it in the bible reading that is really me, touches my truth, and then how do I say it so that it awakens another person?    When I write my teachings I try and do the same thing.  It is not so much what the spiritual master said.  You can read up on him or her.  What I teach is how, what they said, touched something in me, and made connections for me with church, Jesus, our daily lives, and the True Self.  When I fail it is for various reasons: it did not come from the heart, or I am an idiot, or I am full of sin and degradation.  Well, that’s a start for failure.  I find that honesty and stories seem to work.  I am usually more successful with storytelling to children.  Or they are more forgiving.  Not all clergy like what I do.  I try to write my blogs from the heart so you will want to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment