Monday, October 8, 2018

Looking

Someone said, "We are here because we are not all there."  I look at it from the opposite way.  I am trying to get from "out there" to "here."  I do it with eye contact.  It is the way that I live from the inside to the outside.  Enough sayings.  The nuts and bolts of it is that I am aware of when I am talking to someone but not looking at them, eye to eye, or my eyes on their face.  When I am talking but looking away, looking everywhere but at the person, I am "out there," living on the outside, away from myself.  But to live from the "here" and the "inside" is to live with what is going on within me and deal with it.  Maybe I am frightened inside, so I don't look at the person.  Maybe some deep, long-past wound(s) are in charge of my heart, and controlling where my eyes go.  Maybe I am lonely and cannot get out of myself.  Whenever I realize I am not looking at someone when I am talking, or they are talking for that matter, I make a conscious effort to look at them.  Only good things happen then within me.  I connect to my better self, and begin to truly be "here" with my companion.  My friends are truly lovely so this is its own reward.  Maybe I am ugly, troll-like, and that is why people don't look at me?  Time for the hermitage in the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment