Friday, October 12, 2018

Growth

We do not build strong character by doing what is naturally easy or good.  If I were naturally kind then I would act kindly with no real effort or wrestling with my will power.  If one had a lousy temper, and then acted kindly, that person would have to overcome their natural bad temper.  That would either take a strong will or abandonment to some other power such as God.  Either way, surrender or great effort, one would begin the transformation process from that point, doing what is difficult.  We grow when we go against our flaws, faults, and bad habits.  People who have completely dysfunctional, broken will power, have to go the "surrender" route.  I tried the other way, "strong-like bull will power.  My bull was bull.  I have some success with the surrender route. Most people try the will-power route first.  It is the easier, softer way, if it works.  I am not a naturally transforming person.  Who is?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Your words are always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete