Monday, October 15, 2018

Membership Dues

I know of a group of people whose membership dues are "pain."  That is right.  Pain gets you into the club.  I have yet to meet anyone who wants to be in our club who is without pain when they come in.  Yes, we all have pain of one sort or another, but these people might otherwise kill themselves or others with their pain.  They share some of their past and talk about how they are getting better, what they are doing specifically.  They offer to help one another.  This is the only group where I have seen rich and poor, color and ethnicity mix, all together being rigorously honest and self-giving to one another.  I have not seen this in religion.  Whenever I gather with this group, I always walk away with much more than I contributed.  For a few minutes I can laugh at myself, and be helpful to another person.  Yes, holy people like me, humble of course, do have qualifying pain.
Members of this group first tried other methods for a pain free life.  They got married, had a child, got a jog/career, bought stuff like a car, home, clothes, took to exercise, changed geographic locations, but the pain only got worse.  My club is "The Last Stop."  Maybe I will start a church called, "The Last Stop Church."  Who might join?

No comments:

Post a Comment