Thursday, October 11, 2018

Turn It Over

What does it mean to turn your life and will over to God?  It sounds kind of drastic.  So who would do such a thing?  I think someone whose present life is a mess and wants (wills) the future to be better.  Such a person cannot redo the present.  The mess is done and left to their own devices, which are minimal, the mess will continue.  So just turn the present (your life) over to God.  God collects messy lives.  Now for the future.  Your will is to make the future much better than the present.  But your will is broken.  You will one thing but do another.  Your will has no power to make your future better than your present mess.  So give that to God too.  God collects broken wills along with messy lives, if we really let go.  Isn’t it comforting to know that there might be a God who takes what neither you or anyone else wants, broken lives and broken wills, and replaces them with something better?  But you have to really let go first.  I am not surprised by how many people hold onto broken stuff that no longer functions for good.  I have been there myself.  Lest I surrender on a daily basis I am insane enough to try and take back the old broken me.  Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment