Saturday, April 17, 2021

Appointment

 I like the idea of prayer as “An appointment with Grace.”  I like this because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself or isolating or focused on me in prayer.  There is some power, Presence, other than me in this prayer.  When you are feeling isolated and alone, it is often suggested that you get in touch with some understanding and empathetic person.  I think this is what happens for me when I pray, be it sitting down or walking about or even in bed.  I try to listen to “Grace” in my prayer.  I have to let go of control as is true for any communication where I am trying to listen.  This reminds me a little of the free access app to the music of Pandora or Spotify.  I choose t o listen to some artist or type of music like one chooses to listen in prayer.  Then I have not much control over what will come on or play next on the app.  My God gives me free access to Grace but not free control.  

4 comments:

  1. I love this - what a beautiful new lens to look at connection with. Thank you, Father Ryan, and have a beautiful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is my word I used for my first efforts at Centering Prayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is my word I used for my first efforts at Centering Prayer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace is my word I used for my first efforts at Centering Prayer

    ReplyDelete