Thursday, April 15, 2021

TAX Day

Traditionally, today is the deadline to file and pay taxes.  I can get a delay or petition for delay for one reason or another so, I can clear some things up, or maybe I am too poor to pay.  All can be brought to the attention of the IRS.  At this point I may only be the victim of outside circumstances not of my doing.  But if I do nothing, then that is my bad behavior and I become a victim of my own behavior should the IRS come after me.  Looking back on other life issues I find that I have been a victim of my own bad behavior.  I lose a job, destroy a car, loose friends, alienate co-workers and so on not because of things done to me but because of things that I did in bad behavior.   Whatever caused the bad behavior,  I am still a victim along with others whom I hurt.  Today, I am trying to avoid becoming a victim due to my bad behavior.  If you tend to be selfish, as I am, this might be the only energy behind doing the right thing.  We selfish ones don't like to suffer so let's shape up for today.  Who knows?  Someday we might even do it out of love for others.  Now that is a spiritual path!

No comments:

Post a Comment