Monday, April 26, 2021

Becoming Real

 “The more real you become, the less that it hurts,” said the Rocking Horse to the other toys in “The Velveteen Rabbit.”  All the toys wanted to become real.  This wise saying means that I can do difficult things, even seemingly painful things, as long as it is really who I am.  I am energized when I am really me rather than trying to do something that is not me so as to please someone else or out of fear, or out of ego, pride.  I suspect a parent knows this in relationship to their child.  Someone who is doing a work, their vocation, their truer self knows this.  There are times, maybe each day, when circumstances call for us to do something that is not who we are.  But then we need to add something that is our truer self and feed on that energy.  I call it the Holy Spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment