Thursday, April 29, 2021

Using Tools

It is one thing to buy a bunch of tools to fix things and it is another thing to use the tools you bought.  The spiritual life is fragile and needs constant tooling.  I can never take my inner work for granted.  Life can get sideways real fast if I don't do a daily maintenance with the tools that I have.  I have a book or two of suggestions as to how to keep my life working in a good balance.  But if these books sit on a shelf or at my elbow, or under my coffee cup or cell phone, they won't do me much good.  Soon enough I will be quite broken and then the repairs would be major and painful.  So, each day, early, I reach into my spiritual tool box and retool for the day.  Yesterday's maintenance was for yesterday.  It is a brand new day I have never lived before.  So each day I am a beginner.  Tools at the ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment