Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Getting Out

 One of the reasons that I do things for others, is to get out of my head.  I like to cook for others only in part because I like to cook.  It also can get me out of stinky thinking or thoughts that just feed my own weaknesses.  Or it might keep me from thinking I am in solitude when in fact I am in isolation.  Cooking for others is a connector and if I find myself being resentful or frustrated while preparing a meal, I note to myself why I am doing his in the first place.  I am being of service to help me and to help others.  Their response is above my pay scale.  Such things as cooking can keep me sane so long as I don't try to do too much in order to be praised.  I can easily miss bad motives or trip over them before I see the light.  Easy does it in the kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment