Saturday, April 10, 2021

Be Loved

We can take steps to help us to avoid bad behavior, or lessen our bad behavior, but this is only part of recovering a solid spiritual connection.  We need to allow ourselves to be loved by whatever source is helping us to be better people.  For me it is the God I discovered through Jesus.  Thus this power for me is Love.  If I think I am worthless or am focused on shame and guilt about my past, recent of distant, then I won't have the wherewithal to allow myself to be loved.  Religions and recovery paths or programs are to lead us to have this deep spiritual connection, such that we experience being loved, simply because we are.  Some religions get off base when it says we are loved if we shape up, by our hard efforts.  Recovery programs get off base when they say you will be loved if you work the steps and stop your addiction.  It is all up to you.  I am too flawed to earn love, so I like my divine power that simply loves me.  I try each day to discover and enjoy this love.  

1 comment:

  1. My personal recovery story has been because of Jesus and when loved ones say, wow dad is so strong, I do not preach, but I do return to my silent devotion. I have eliminated my church which exposes its exclusion daily...is thee Sermon on the mount required reading? Jesus did say, “Come to me All who hunger, “
    I miss your preaching Padre. D

    ReplyDelete