Monday, April 19, 2021

Who Are The Poor?

 If I want to give myself to God, however I define God, then one way, and a really good one, is to give myself to someone who is poor and needy.  I don't need to go look for people who are financially poor, homeless, hungry, because a person can be poor in heart or soul.  They may be broken or damaged from life, experiencing criticism or being ignored by others because of their "faults" or 'Character Defects."  A way to give myself to my God, is to ask how I might add something good to this person's life.  Maybe my attention to them will be a healing balm.  Maybe my action can fill up a little of their interior poverty.  Others have done it for me so I know it can work.  

1 comment:

  1. I offer a prayer, money and resource info to the beggars at Broadway and Canyon; it may sound foolish, but it feels right to me!

    ReplyDelete