Friday, May 14, 2021

A Miracle!

 Today, I am 44 years ordained. I was ordained with the Paulist Fathers, and eight other guys on this date in 1977.  I am the oldest one of the nine.  I had plans,  But so did God and God’s plans did not line up well with mine.  I thought I was hot stuff early on.  I needed humility.  I thought I was a great success.  I needed failure.  I thought I knew myself pretty well, and would tell you if you asked.  I was delusional.  I had the answers, but not the questions.  I knew what was wrong with you, but not with me.  I have had great ups and great downs.  The downs were the best of times for spiritual, emotional growth, but it took a few downs to realize this.  But the miracle is that I am still here, the priest.  It is a blessing that there are people who know my faults, mistakes, messes, and still love me.  The best part of my 44 years as a priest is that I mess up, but am still loved.  

8 comments:

  1. Blessed anniversary to you, Father Ryan - you are most definitely loved and have so much to give. This made me think of something I heard at a meeting on the East coast (!), when visiting a dear friend in Evergreen... "God takes broken people like you and me, to heal broken people like you and me". That is what your blog, shares and workshops do for me. Oh! And your hugs too. Enjoy every moment and hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning from this side of the pond

      Bless your soul
      Wow just awesome - "God takes broken people like you and me, to heal broken people like you and me"
      May the universe bless you with all your wishes

      Delete
  2. Many blessings to you on this day. May the Spirit continue to guide you. Much love.

    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Fr. Terry! I am so glad to have found your blog earlier, and even more glad to have made it a daily inspiration. Is it about time for another Big Sis Maureen post?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you, Fr. Terry! We are so happy that you found your vocation! Miss you in Boulder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you, Fr. Terry! We are so happy that you found your vocation! Miss you in Boulder!

    ReplyDelete

  6. We're so Happy for you, and grateful for your Priesthood. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete