Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Darkness

 In contemplative prayer, one usually closes their eyes.  Now they are in darkness, but they are thinking about something.  They are aware of thoughts and images, even with closed eyes.  This is how it usually starts out for me.  But then at times, the darkness becomes absent of these thoughts and images.  The book, The Cloud of Unknowing, says this is because the light of the divine has become so bright it blinds us to all those thoughts and imaginings.  I call it a deeper darkness.  But the dark is really full of light that the mind can not know.  I become even absent of awareness of body feelings.  My sitting posture, that might have had an ache or two, no longer aches.  I am in the same place but in a different space.  Somehow, I let go.  And let God.  It is all Grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment