Thursday, May 13, 2021

New Language

 One of the reasons that I never learned a language in school is that I did not practice it on a daily basis.  I took French in High School.  By the time we got to Christmas break which was about a month back then, I was pretty good with French.  Then I did not use it for a month and when I came back I was rusty to say the least.  Then I did not use it all throughout the summer.  So I never really learned to speak French.  You have to use a language every day to learn it.  So it is with the spiritual path, recovery path, you have to work at it on a regular basis.  You don't fill up some reserve tank to call on when you have not practiced for a while.  You work a spiritual practice on a daily basis, sort of use it or lose it.  It is not like a physical sport where you need to rest the body, in some off season.  There is no off season in recovery.  There is no off season in prayer practice.  No vacations.  Right Bertha? (My Spanish teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment