Friday, May 7, 2021

Who Cures

 When I have skin issues I go to my dermatologist.  He examines, cuts me up and stitches me up, bandages me, and says go do thus and so.  I go home and do thus and so. Now and again he might look at the wound, and say, “Looks good. Go do thus and so.”  I go home.  The wound ever so slowly heals.  Who does the healing?  Not the doctor.  Not me.  My body heals, but who made the body?  And so I am brought back to this Mystery I cannot see, but I can see results.  I get some human help and I do some things in following instructions.  It is the same in the spiritual path, in recovery, transformation.  Get human help from those who know.  Follow instructions.  And the miracle happens.  This is the Power I have discovered in my life.  I have lots of wounds like everyone else.  But they are healing.  Miracles of Grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment