Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Plans

I heard said that what is not in my plans might be in God's plans.  I think there is a lot of truth in that.  I don't mean car crashes and such, but rather plans I have for the day or the near future might not work out.  It is comforting to think that maybe my plans did not work but God was at work thinking about me and has a plan for me.  A pandemic was not in my plans for 2020, and  counting the months.  But other stuff happened or offered itself to me that were not in my 2020 plans a year ago.  I am living at a monastery now and I am teaching on something called "zoom."  My talks are going onto youtube.  I am back in regular touch with friends in Knoxville, Tennessee where I used to live.  None of these things were in my 2020 plans.  I don't have to go to airports and airplanes to teach here and there.  I have learned to be a pretty good baker of bread.  Yes, some things did not work out and I miss them, but maybe God is at work not punishing me, but opening a window when a door closes, to use another phrase.  How about you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment