Monday, May 24, 2021

Being Different

 We are not all the same in some important ways.  My Creator did not make all priests the same.  I used to complain, to only myself of course, that other priests were not more like me, the perfect one.  Then I learned a few things.  I am not perfect, but my being different from others can serve a purpose.  I connect to certain types of people that other priests cannot seem to do.  But they connect to some people who would find me very off-putting, if not weird or heretical.  There are all kinds of people, with their own differences, on a spiritual path.  No one person can help everyone.  We connect better with some than others.  This does not make us better or worse.  My ministry works best when those people who are compatible with me, find me.  How they find me is often a mystery.  We think we stumble upon the right person.  But then maybe it is a Power at work that I call Grace.  

1 comment:

  1. The older I get the more I learn that there are no coincidences. Hindsight is 20/20.

    ReplyDelete