Friday, May 28, 2021

Feelings

 I hear someone say, “I am so happy being sober.  I feel the power in my life.”  OK.  Time goes by, and the same person says, “I feel miserable.  My Power has abandoned me.”  Oh?  When I asked them what changed, they simply say their mood or the feeling of Presence.  I would never equate my feelings with God’s Presence.  Presence stays.  It is Present.  Feelings come and go.  So does my spiritual practice.  I waver from day to day.  Misery is what reminds me that I have abandoned my daily practice, rather than God has abandoned me.  If you want to go from “sober” to “dry” then just stop practicing whatever got you sober.  If you are dry, and do nothing, you won’t be dry for long.  And your presence with us will become a rather permanent absence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment