Wednesday, May 19, 2021

In The Day

 When I am fully in the day, present to the moment, it is often because I am full of gratitude.  As someone said, I am aware of the wins in my life, and if there have been some “sins” and I have corrected them, then it is one more reason to be in gratitude.  So when is it that I am not fully present to the gift of this day, in the moment?  It is when I am living in resentment about a past situation or person, or when I am fearful and anxious about the future, as if all control and power is mine.  Whenever I write a blog I am usually grateful for a wisdom someone has given me, or I came up with, that I then pass on to my faithful readers. Even if you wake up dead drunk or strung out on drugs, you can be grateful for another day to try recovery.  It is never too late, until you run out of days.  

1 comment:

  1. This was perfect for me today and I can't thank you enough, Father Ryan. I will however send you a huge hug across the miles and a heart full of gratitude. :)

    ReplyDelete