Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Being Of Service

When someone tells me to do something that is of service to others and I say, "Yes," I am not volunteering.  I am "Voluntolding," as was pointed out to me.  I look at this in terms of my teaching and work on contemplation.  I think it is a call or vocation.  For me, God is telling me to do something and if I respond yes, then I am saying yes to God's voluntolding.  I don't have to do it, but as I have learned ,it is better for me to say yes when I am voluntold because the one who is asking knows that this service work will make me a better person.  I have heard that it works like this in recovery programs too.  If someone volunteers without being told, that is very good.  I, unfortunately, don't take too much initiative in being of service, but I do seem to listen to voluntolding urges from others who love me.  To me they are not options or even suggestions.   These voluntoldings are for my own good.  I have been to the bottom of "no." 

No comments:

Post a Comment