Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Motives

If my plans for the day are based upon self-centered fear, self-pity, self-seeking and economic insecurity, the fear based life, and bondage to self, do I really want those plans to happen according to my designs?  No, that would be a mess for me and for others.  So I need to be working on some spiritual program of growth because I don't always know the weeds from the plants initially.  But God does.  So if my plans are nipped in the bud, it just might be that God is saving me from myself and I won't know it until later.   I won't be so resentful if I am working on my insides instead of using all my energy in trying to run the world, your world.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this and it's a beautiful visual for me of why I choose to start my day off with thanks, the step 11 questions and meditation. I appreciate you more than you know, Father Ryan. Thank you for always being there to start my day off! Hugs across the miles XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps and of course prayer too!

    ReplyDelete