Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas

For many people, Christmas Day is not a happy, warm fuzzy time.  It could be that they felt persecuted by Christianity and so this is a day to find something else to do.  But for many, there are bad memories or at least no happy ones.  I have seen persons sitting at a bar drinking by themself on Christmas afternoon.  Oblivion.  Some people go skiing just to get away from all the church stuff and hoopla.  I have discovered that a bad past does not neccessitate a likewise present.  Recovering alcoholics have turkey pot lucks in recovery rooms.  Acceptance.  My past was rather good, but it is still past.  I accept that and do not try to duplicate what cannot be repeated.  I look for what is now.  BE HERE NOW.  And I find so much in the present because I work on the present each day.  But maybe today can be the first day of a new present for someone.  They can stop wrestling their past, and look for, or ask for help from someone who knows how to transition.   

2 comments:

  1. Wiggling my toes is a wonderful way to bring myself back to where I really am. ❤️ I am hopeful others will find thier way into recovery so that they may be able to do the same. Thank you for being you, Merry Christmas Father Ryan! 💖✨️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate the present present

    ReplyDelete