Saturday, December 17, 2022

Recovering

 I have heard people say that they are "Recovering Catholics."  When I check into their catholic story it often reveals that they were not much of a Caholic to begin with.  They pretty much ignored worship, bible, moral principles of the teachings.  What they are recovering from is that they disagreed with someone(s), they did not like some leader, some politics, or hypocrisy.  Some people recover from AA for the same reasons, and their life is the worse for it.  They did not like what someone said, or how a meeting was led, or the hypocrisy of some people in the meetings, or no one talked to them.  I have all of this happen to me in the Catholic Church and in meetings.  But I have left neither.  And I am better for having stayed for the best that both offered.  I have found my God and it made all the difference.  

1 comment:

  1. perhaps it's simply recovering from our former ungrown selves.

    ReplyDelete