Sunday, December 4, 2022

Whose Terms?

 There are people who choose to live life on their own terms.  They are self-focused.  They do not consult life for a vote or opinion.  And they suffer, because life prefers us to live life on life’s terms. You can have preferences, and pursue them, knowing that they are preferences but not guarantees.  You prefer to live somewhere.  You move and buy a place to live.  Life is going your way, right?  Then a tornado, a hurricane, a flood.  Ruination.  Life on life’s terms.  You are in great health, exercise and eat right.  You are disciplined.  Then you have a heart attack or find you have cancer.  Not your plan.  I have learned to have a lot of acceptance about how my life is working out.  I think I am where I am supposed to be, but not by my plans.  Such is life.  

1 comment:

  1. Acceptance is an incredible tool to have in my toolbox, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete