Friday, December 2, 2022

Compare Or Contrast

 I have found that if I go to a meeting where I think about how I am better than so and so, or different from, then the purpose of the meeting loses its power, or I lose power.  When I leave, I will be no better off than when I entered. My problem or purpose of going to the meeting will continue to rule, haunt and control me.  When it comes to my problems or shortcomings, bad habits, I have to be tribal.  Zoom can help here if I cannot get out in person to go to a meeting.  I seem to lose my demons when I connect with others in our sameness, our similarities, our likeness as regards the reason I went to the meeting in the first place.  I am here because of my flaws, imperfections and at times my loneliness feelings.  The tribe mentality works wonders in this focus.  My demons are the losers.  I am the imperfect winner, and a more humble one.  

1 comment: