Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Endurance

Patient endurance serves me well.  I used to get upset or fearful when people ignored me, were indifferent toward me, or were just unpleasant in their manner around me.  I was in no bodily danger.  So why the fuss?  I am not in charge of their changing.  I am not God.  I am in charge of me becoming a better person.  The difficult people in my life can be a challenge for my own growth from fear to patient endurance.  This moves beyond acceptance.  In a marathon, for instance, I can accept that the distance is 26.2 miles.  But that does not run the marathon.  Patient endurance, step by step, is what brings me to complete the run.  Spiritual growth, freedom from addiction and a fear based life is a marathon.  There will be pain but also joy.  I have found it so.   

2 comments:

  1. This is just what I needed, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can let go of a friendship that was lost. My fault but I can not make someone forgive. I ask GOD to forgive do my penance and move on.
    GOD Bless and a Blessed new year

    ReplyDelete