Sunday, December 18, 2022

Racing

 When I see someone race by me, I don't start racing to catch up.  I let them go.  I am aware of their passing by, but don't pay them much attention.  The same with my racing mind.  It can take off in some ersatz direction, some insane thinking.  I note it, even watch it, but otherwise don't pay it much attention.  I try not to participate in the racing of my mind.  I might listen and say, "Oh, now you are being crazy mind."  I become my mind's second opinion, and when it hears that it is acting crazy, it seems to take note and stop the insane racing thoughts.  What energized me to give that second opinion, to even have another opinion besides insane thinking?  Recovery in a spiritual practice.  Practice every day, because I never know when insanity will show up.  

1 comment:

  1. I completely relate to all of this. When I notice my thinking turning crazy, sometimes I just say The End and visualize closing a book gently.

    ReplyDelete