Monday, December 26, 2022

Storms

I try to not pray about the weather.  It is like praying that Nature not be itself.  Storms happen.  Blizzards happen.  I try to accept that this is so where I live.  I only pray to be kept safe in storms.  I know when they are coming given modern weather forecasting.  So I can prepare.  In the same way, I don't pray to be free of addiction or my bad habits.  They are what they are.  I pray rather to be kept safe from any harm they could do to me.  And to others as the case may be.  Some days, my dark side will be stormier.  But I have learned how to prepare for such soul weather.  Vigilance on the better days.  It is tough to go shopping for an umbrella when the storm is here.  Or to put up window shutters in the midst of a hurricane.   Interior storms will come, but I will be ready, with a little help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment