Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Inside Out

 Drinking does not change the outsides, until it does.  But first it changes the insides.  A person may drink a lot because they don't like how people, places, situations are going on around them.  Nothing of that outside stuff changes, but the person drinking feels better, or oblivious, depending on how into their solution they are.  Then their insides begin to change, not just their physical health, but also character defects, ways of thinking and negativity.  Lots of bad moods, volatility.  Then the outsides do change.  Car wreaks, lost jobs, family, friends, income.  All gone.  So if I don't like the outsides, I try to work on my insides, my spiritual condition.  I like the Prayer of St. Francis.  

1 comment:

  1. I start my early mornings off with your blog, a grapevine article and then the prayer of St.Francis. They all open me for my meditation to connect with God. I love my sober mornings...what a gift! Thanks for being such a light, Father Ryan. ✨️💖

    ReplyDelete