Friday, December 30, 2022

Inside Out

 If you are thinking about making changes in your life in 2023, that is, in the outsides of your life, as in lifestyle, appearances, work, geography, all to improve something, escape something, obtain something, you might consider starting with the insides.  I believe the outsides will change if you do the inside work first.  Some of us need a "revolution of the heart," a phrase I like.  I came to this monastery more than 2 1/2 years ago.  It was an outside change.  I did not change from this move.  I have been working ever so slowly, fits and starts, on the insides.  I find that ever so slightly, the outsides of my life change.  The monastery is the same.  It has not moved.  But I am shifting within it, in the way I relate to the outsides and what goes in within me, emotionally, psychologically.  I still fall back to old behavior and thinking, but there are moments when I see the light of a better me.  So in 2023 I will keep on keeping on.  

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed. Thank you, Father Ryan.

    ReplyDelete