Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Review

 Did you ever go into your boss for a performance review?  I think it is what I do each evening before going to bed.  God is my boss and I am in for a performance review.  How did I do today God?  Usually, there is something to work on as well as some good things.  It never occurred to me that in meditation, when I stop thinking about myself and how I am doing, God might be asking me how God can do better so that I will know that I am loved?  I was brought up to believe that God is perfect, unchanging.  But then I was also taught and believe that God became human.  Well, that sure is a  change.  God is always trying to find a way to let me know that I am loved, not for my good deeds, which are inconsistent, but just for being me in all my humanness.  My God is humble enough for performance reviews.  And so I hope am I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment