Sunday, June 9, 2024

Whose Willl

 Lots of people say the Lord’s Prayer, with “thy will be done.”  Sometimes, we think we really mean it when in fact there is an undercurrent of egotism.  How so?  For me, it is too often when I want to know and do great things for the love of God.  “What work do you have in mind for me God?”  Well, maybe God has no great work, that is, a work that will fill my ego.  Maybe God simply wants me to be kind, considerate, forgiving, helpful, to the person next to me or near me, someone I might run into during my day.  No one else may notice, not even the person we encounter.  The work becomes invisible to the larger world.  Too often, I can trample over the person next to me in order to do something more spectacular.  I have often said, “Take the shopping cart back to the store.”  No one notices you, or at least no one you see.  Do the unpaid little things.  It all adds up.  

1 comment:

  1. The 'little big things', like returning the shopping cart, are the quiet & unexpected joys that create positive ripple effects (especially if our egos stay out of the actions we take). ✨️💖🤗

    ReplyDelete