Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pity Pot

I was jogging one morning and whining about how my knee was sore, not so sore that I could not jog, but sore enough for whining.  I have a low threshold for whining.  As I jogged I came upon a school bus that had stopped and was lifting a boy in his wheelchair into the bus.  The boy could not walk.  Grace: the unexpected event in my life to help me take a good look at myself.  Where is my gratitude that I can jog?  No gratitude.  The boy in the wheelchair has special needs.  I have no special needs, but you would not know it from my lack of gratitude that morning.  If you think you are going to have a bad day, look at the things you take for granted that you still have in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Father, fill a Dixie cup half full of water and put it in the freezer and ice your knee or knees down for fifteen minutes at a time while watching Tv or relaxing if you have time it will help, or get an ice pack that you can re freeze for your knees. It will help

    ReplyDelete