Friday, July 6, 2018

High Society

In the 1950s movie, “High Society,” Grace Kelly, in her last movie before marrying the Prince of Monaco, and while wearing her actual engagement ring in the movie, is engaged to a man named George.  At one point in the movie George says to Grace, Samantha is her movie name, “I adore you.”  Samantha looks at George and says with a bit of a frown, “I don’t want to be adored.  I want to be loved.”  Is not that the truth ladies?  Why do guys look for women that they can adore, put on a pedestal, but when such a women proves to be human and imperfect, the man loses interest, or dumps her, or goes to find some other person to adore?  So the next time a guy tells you he adores you, or you are the most perfect person in the world, this is a red flag.  You might say what Samantha said, I want to be loved.”  I wonder if the Prince of Monaco adored his Princess?

No comments:

Post a Comment