Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Not Ready?

One of the reasons we give for not being of service or helpful to others, is that we say, "I am not ready."  So what.  Even if you don't believe in Jesus as divine, he seems like a pretty smart guy and loving too.  Did he not send out his disciples, two by two when they were not ready?  To top it off he told them to leave the heavy luggage behind.  Just wear sandals and walking stick.  Forget the money bags.  Wow.  So he must have know something in his wisdom.  The disciples went off and did some really good stuff for others.  I feel that I cannot be helpful sitting around and saying I am not ready.  Most of that is fear, and a bit of sloth.  The only way to get over my shortcomings is to act.  Sometimes I say I have nothing to say, and don't want to write a blog.  This may be one of those blogs!  Nothing!  But it got me over fear, false pride and laziness.  Practice patience, acceptance, and hope.  Keep reading these blogs😇

1 comment:

  1. I have a bit of sloth too. I don't always read your blog and then, in a spurt, might read 5 together. Does that leave time to post a response? No, it's right on to the next thing.
    Does that mean I don't appreciate or think about your posts? Well no, but you do not know that. So I'm telling you so you know you are read and appreciated. You keep blogging, I'll keep reading!


    ReplyDelete