Sunday, July 22, 2018

Maureen

Today would be my sister Maureen's birthday.  She was born in 1939.  You can do the math.  She died too young, for me anyway.  She could be very practical.  I pray to her each day.  I need a little inspiration and sometimes just some help beyond my capacity.  Now, you say why not just ask God or my Jesus, if I am a believer?  Well, in a sense I am asking God.  I believe that God speaks through and reveals God's plans for me through good people.  Maureen was good.  I was bad.  She is still good, but not in flesh.  I am still bad, and in flesh.  I have a reassuring image of Maureen in my mind when I pray.  She is the face of God if you will.  The faces in the flesh, of the witch, the boss, meanie, yucky big sister, are all gone.  Well mostly.  There can always be nightmares, but the real present day big Sis is with God and she is taking care of me.  So don't mess with me, cause the witch will come back and get you!   Happy Birthday, Sis.  Miss you.  Love, Little Brother

1 comment:

  1. Aawww, I think we all have learned a lot through your stories of Maureen, including this fine one. My favorite is about her teaching you to dance before your prom date.

    ReplyDelete