Monday, June 7, 2021

Action

 I hear someone say that they sit in meditation but get no spiritual experience, no sense of change in their life.  Often, such people spend most of the rest of their day in self-absorption, fear, worry, anxiety and judgement.  I have found that a sense of spiritual awakening comes if I include action in service to others. Get out of myself.  I find that being responsive to others in simply human kindness, and attention, much less, cleaning up my messes around them, helps to give me a better sense of peace and contentment in my own skin.  Is that not spiritual experience?  When I am all about me, I fall into isolation, but feel loneliness and alienation from the world around me.  I say, “There is no God, no Power, no Nothing!”  But  if I go back to no meditation and no service to others, then I will experience a killing nothingness.  And that ain’t good!

No comments:

Post a Comment