Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Klara And The Sun

 Klara and the Sun, by Kazuo Ishiguro, is a wonderful novel about love.  And only 301 pages.  It is a story of an AF, artificial friend, named Klara.  Through observing the world around her from her store window, she realizes the power of the Sun.  She gets her very energy from the sunlight, and sees what it can do for others.  She is made to seek the sunlight.  This is reinforced by how others respond to the sunlight.  She develops a connection with a “real” person, Josie and wants the best for Josie.  Klara is even willing to give up something precious in herself for the sake of Josie.  Klara tries to destroy pollution because it interferes with sunlight, but fails.   Klara is powerless except she has faith in the sun.  I have been given a love for God and nothing else can replace that love, though I have tried.  I am “programmed” for God Light. This is my faith. The days that I do not connect to that light in meditation is a day when I am not at my best, not myself.  I have to give up something of myself, my “precious” time, to bask in this Love.  I am irreplaceable in God’s Love.  No AI can replace me.  A wonderful book!  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I never thought about it but a day without prayer and meditation is like a day without sunshine.

    ReplyDelete