Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The Train

 I think of God waiting and hoping for me to come to the Station of the Presence, like I used to look down the tracks in the direction of where the train is supposed to come.  Why is the train not here?  Why is it late?  It promised in the printed schedule to be here now and there is only empty tracks running alongside the platform.  I get upset.  My schedule is not being met.  Well, I am often like the late train or the train that never arrives, in this case at prayer and God is waiting patiently.  Like a train stuff happens.  The unexpected arises.  Or I am simply tardy or uncaring about God’s waiting.  But unlike me who gets miffed and impatient, God just continues to wait, with Love and Hope.  I have a Waiting God, full of Power, but forcing nothing on me.  There are days when I never arrive at the rendezvous.  Often I arrive later than I said I would.  Yes, stuff happens, but most of the time, when tardiness rules, I lack the intensity to keep a scheduled spiritual practice.  God still waits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment