Saturday, June 12, 2021

Attitude

 Do you ever pray “with attitude,” as they say.  That is, you really are skeptical of this God belief stuff, but you pray anyway since you are desperate for some change.  My suggestion is that in these cases you continue to pray with your attitude.  And while you do it ask yourself if things are getting worse in your life?  Now if you prayed for someone to be healed and they died, you may very well be ready to dump the God stuff.  In this case, I have found that the “St. Francis Prayer” is a great help.  Why?  It takes all the focus off of me.  I stop asking that my life be miraculously made the way I want it to be.  Instead, I ask that I become an instrument to make the lives of other people and situations better.  I think this “attitude” might diminish a bit.  Attitude is no help in consoling those others who are bereaved at a loss.  You are not the sole sufferer in this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment