Sunday, June 13, 2021

Faith

 I hear people say they once believed in God,  What happened?  Bad things happened as they defined events.  Someone too young died in some horrible way, or just never had a chance at life, such as a baby.  Their faith was dumped because God did not come through for them.  The God they believed in was something like the “President of the World” who had control over everything and would not let bad things happen in the person’s world.  Then bad things happened, so God as world controller did not exist or did but was not worth any faith.  Faith for me is that God is Love, but love does not fix everything according to my sense of what should be.  If loving someone meant that they would fix everything for you or the world, you would love no one.  For me faith makes sense because Love makes sense.  A perfect world does not make sense.  A better world makes sense if I am loving a little bit like God, who is unconditional love.    

4 comments:

  1. This is one that speaks for my heart so much that I don't really know what to say... except, YES and thank you for being such a powerful channel of the Love that I believe God is. With gratitude and hugs across the miles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reflection. It was a gem to me this morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love helps explain the unexplainable - thanks Padre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for me too as I lost a child at birth and thought I was abandoned by God. He was really there all the time - it just took me a while to see that

    ReplyDelete